ASCEND Pittsburgh's summer camps are designed to grow strong minds and bodies in our city’s youth. Caring, experienced ASCEND counselors will guide children through fun and developmentally appropriate activities, such as bouldering, top-rope climbing, yoga, slacklining and more!
Recommended Ages: 6 - 16
Pricing: Half Day = $250 | Full Day = $400
- Sibling Discount - valid for two or more siblings - $25 off each: Promo code = CAMP2018-SIBLING
- Discounts cannot be stacked.
- Sibling discounts will be reviewed.
Duration: Week-long, Monday through Friday sessions from 9a – 3p (half day ends at 12p)
Included: Climbing instruction, rental gear, ASCEND merchandise (TBD), good times
Not included: Transportation, membership, lunch and snacks (okay to bring in), bad times
Availability: Each session is limited to 20 participants
ASCEND SUMMER CAMP FAQs:Where can I park?
How do I drop off/pick up my child?
- Free parking is available in two off-street lots, one located directly adjacent to ASCEND and another at the corner of Jane and 23rd Streets (the “Rite Aid lot”). Street parking is also available near the facility. Click HERE for more parking info.
Will you serve food or snacks?
- For half and full day camp, drop off is at 9:00a. Simply find a parking spot and walk your child up to our front desk.
- For half day camp, pick up is at 12p and for full day camp, pick up is at 3p. Simply park, walk into our facility and sign your child out. We will release a child only to the person who dropped them off in the morning or someone directly authorized by a parent or guardian.
Can my child climb after summer camp hours have finished?
- Kids will have the opportunity to re-energize with a snack break every morning. We will not provide the snacks, so if your child desires food or drink please send something with them every day. Kids are also permitted to buy concessions from our front desk.
- Full day campers are encouraged to pack a lunch. We will set aside a dedicated lunch time everyday but will not provide food.
What should my child wear?
- Kids can climb after camp has ended for that day without having to purchase an additional day pass. That being said, our staff supervision ends at noon for half day campers and 3p for full day; so any children under the age of 14 would need to be directly supervised by a parent or guardian.
Is climbing rental gear included in the price of camp?
- We encourage athletic apparel for climbing, but many climbers are just as happy to climb in jeans.
Does my child need to sign a liability waiver?
- Yes, any climbing gear a child would need to participate in camp activities will be provided. This includes climbing shoes, chalk bags, and climbing harnesses.
What is your refund policy?
- Yes, every participant and visitor must sign a liability waiver in order to enter our facility. Individuals under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign for them. You can do this ahead of time by clicking HERE or in person at the gym.
Should I tip the camp staff?
- 100% of your deposit will be refunded if you cancel 10 days before your scheduled camp session.
- 50% of your deposit will be refunded if you cancel 5 days before your scheduled camp session.
- 0% of your deposit will be refunded if you cancel less than 5 days before your scheduled camp session.
Is it ok to enroll my child if they have never climbed before?
- Tipping the camp staff is not required. Although if you feel a staff member has positively exceeded your expectations, feel free to express your gratitude however you see fit.
What will a typical summer camp day look like?
- Absolutely! Our camps are designed to be accessible to all levels of climbers; from first timers to experienced competitors.
Do you offer day care before or after camp hours?
- Every day will include bouldering, top rope climbing, yoga and special activities such as, crate-stacking, slacklining and more. Our highly experienced and trained camp staff will be involved constantly by supervising, teaching, coaching, and encouraging each child.
My child has special needs. Can they attend camp?
- We do not offer day care before or after camp. Our half day summer camp hours are 9a - 12p and our full day camp hours are 9a - 3p.
- We will do everything we can to include children of all abilities. For more specific info please contact [email protected]
If you have any questions, suggestions, or for more information, please email [email protected]
or join the ASCEND Newsletter and social media feeds found below.