The ASCEND Youth Climbing Team now has expanded options to better accommodate more Pittsburgh families! Join our coaches to learn more (and for a free session if you register for the A-Team) on Wednesday, August 15 and/or Friday, August 17 from 5p-7p. This season officially kicks off Tuesday, August 20, so don't delay in registering!
Please see below for more A-Team information.
Become a part of the A-TEAM by joining the ASCEND Youth Team! Designed for children and teens of all abilities, coaches will foster a positive, inclusive community that supports recreational and competitive climbers as they strive to meet their own personal goals. Participants will learn climbing specific skills as well as teamwork, problem solving, and developmentally appropriate body awareness. Coaches will work directly with each team member to identify and progress toward individual goals whether that be to enjoy climbing with friends or to climb competitively. Our climbing team is a fun place to explore limits, gain confidence, and learn life-long skills. Kids love to climb and we have the options to meet the needs of your young climber.
IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM AND RETURN WHEN YOU REGISTER.
SUMMER SESSION (ends Friday, August 17)
- Ages: 6 - 17 (or 18 if still in HS)
- Team Nights: Wednesdays and Fridays from 5p-7p
- Pricing: For the months of June and July, the A-Team will be running "drop-in" style classes this summer. Stop in from 5-7pm on Wednesdays and Fridays for coach led sessions filled with bouldering, rope climbing, technique drills, games, and fitness.
- $10 for youth members (per session)
- $20 for non-members (per session)
- Included: Unlimited climbing, personal coaching, individual fitness and climbing assessments, free gear rentals on practice days
- Not Included: Snacks, transportation, and before/after team child care
REGISTER FOR EACH SUMMER SESSION HERE OR IN PERSON AT THE FRONT DESK.
REGULAR SEASON (starts Tuesday, August 21)
A-Team Rec - Two hours of coached climbing in a positive, non-competitive environment where kids can boulder, climb the top-rope wall, play games, challenge themselves, build strength, and make friends while under the supervision of caring and experienced staff. Note: Youth Climbing 101 is required if lacking previous gym experience.
- Ages: 6-17 (or 18 if still in HS)
- Duration: One session each week.* Register for either Tuesday or Thursday evenings from 5p-7p (choose 1).
- Price: $80 for monthly recurring team EFT agreement - register at front desk
- Includes: One climbing session each week with 2-hours of small group coaching and instruction, rental gear on team days, ASCEND A-Team shirt, 30% off Evolv climbing shoes (team sponsor!)
A-Team Intermediate - Two hours of coached climbing in a focused, competitive environment where kids can improve their climbing technique through drills and individualized coaching, build strength through fitness training, and prepare to compete in climbing competitions. Note: Youth Climbing 101 is required if lacking previous gym experience.
- Ages: 8-17 (or 18 if still in HS)
- Duration: Two sessions each week.* Register for either Wednesday or Friday evenings from 5p-7p and/or Sundays from 9a-11a (choose 2).
- Price: Requires a membership ($54 or $40 per month - see membership rates for more information) plus $80 per month for A-Team sessions.
- Includes: Two climbing sessions each week with 2-hours of small group coaching and instruction, ASCEND Membership with unlimited climbing, rental gear on team days, ASCEND A-Team shirt, 30% off Evolv climbing shoes (team sponsor!)
REGULAR SEASON PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER IN PERSON AT FRONT DESK.
*Special events, competitions, and holidays may impact some sessions resulting in cancellation or rescheduling. Some months may have fewer than 4-weeks worth of sessions while others may have have more. We will do our best to be fair and equitable and provide advance notice for any schedule changes. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
If you have any questions, suggestions, interest in joining the team, interest in competitive level training, or for more information, please email [email protected].