You are here
2141 Mary St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Our Digital Properties also contain links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by ASCEND Pittsburgh. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Digital Properties and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
- No Information From Children Under Age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register at ASCEND Pittsburgh or provide any personally identifiable information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, without a parent’s consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please email us at [email protected], or contact us by mail at the following address:
2141 Mary St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Provide Us. You can provide information to us through various means using our Digital Properties.
The information we collect includes personally identifiable information, such as your name, home address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, and email address, and social media account ID. You may also provide non-personally identifiable information, for example, demographic information, such as gender and date of birth, or the name of your employer or school. You can also provide demographic information, such as gender and date of birth.
The information we collect may include the following:
During the online account creation process you will select a user name and password. If you purchase any products or services through our Digital Properties we collect your credit card or debit card number and related information, as applicable. For retail online accounts, we maintain your order status, order history and other information through your Rock Gym Pro account.
- Home address
- Home / mobile telephone number
- Work telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Credit, debit or other payment account number and related information and employment verification
- Social media account ID
- For corporate sponsored program participants: Name of Employer
- For school-related programs: name of School or Group
- For children enrolled in Youth Rec Programs: we collect from the parent/legal guardian, the name, date of birth, parent/legal guardian contact information, list of known allergies, and physical description (hair and eye color)
We collect information from you when you purchase a membership and other services from us, including when you use our mobile app to purchase a membership and other services. If you sign up for a free day pass to our gym, you will provide us your name, email address and telephone number, as well as non-personally identifiable information including your birthdate.
- Log Information We Collect from You Automatically. We collect certain information automatically as you use our Digital Properties, including your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, computer type, type of mobile device (if used), the carrier for your mobile device, your computer operating system, the version of the Digital Properties that you access, the site from where you navigated to our Digital Properties, time and date of using the Digital Properties, whether you are a repeat visitor, how long you use the Digital Properties and the pages on or using our Digital Properties that you view. This information is anonymous, and we do not link it to your personally identifiable information.
- Pixel Tags. We may use "pixel tags," which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of our websites. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable email, we may use "format sensing" technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our email.
- Physical Location. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signals or your IP address. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing service providers to enable them to provide you with more localized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. You may be able to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device’s location settings, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and our marketing service providers may not be able to provide you with the location-based services and content.
- Aggregated Information. We may aggregate personally identifiable information. Aggregated information is not personally identifiable information because it does not identify and is not associated with you or any other user of our Digital Properties.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To Provide Products, Services, and Information. As described above, we collect information from you so that we can provide products and services that you purchase using the Digital Properties and information that you request from us.
We use your personally identifiable information to:
- Set-up your membership
- Provide services and products to you
- Process payments for your membership and services, including credit card, debit card and bank account debit (ACH) transactions
- Contact you regarding your membership and services, and other administrative information
- Respond to your inquiries, comments, reviews and ratings
- Retail Online Account. When you create an online account for retail purchases, you can store your personally identifiable information and use it later when using our Digital Properties or purchasing products on or using our Digital Properties. You can also view your current orders and order history.
- Newsletters. If you sign-up to receive newsletters or other communications from us, we use your email address and other relevant personally identifiable information to provide the newsletters and other communications to you. You can always opt-out of receiving email newsletters or advertisements by using the opt-out feature provided with the email communications.
- Our Business Purposes. We may use your information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Digital Properties, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- Other Purposes. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information (such as associating your name with your employer if you are a participant in a corporate sponsored program), in which case we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information as long as it is combined.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information with our third party service providers and agents who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, text messaging, credit card or other payment account processing, auditing and similar services. Contracts with our service providers require them to keep information confidential.
- Advertising and Third Party Advertisers. We may use third party service providers to display ads on our behalf on our Digital Properties and third party sites not affiliated with ASCEND Pittsburgh. If you view a web page where our ads appear, the advertising company may place a cookie on your computer or use a Web beacon to access a cookie that they previously placed on your computer. These companies do not collect information that can personally identify you, but they may use information about your visits to our Digital Properties and other websites to measure the effectiveness of ads. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information to these companies. We may share aggregate Digital Properties usage information with third party advertisers and partners for the purpose of effectively targeting our online advertisements. Unless you are previously notified, these advertising companies do not link any online behavior or cookies with other information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address.
These third party advertising networks also track visitors’ online usage and behavior patterns. These companies may use information about your visits to our Digital Properties and other websites in order to provide advertisements on our Digital Properties and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. The result of these efforts is the creation of an online profile that attempts to predict individual user interests, preferences and purchasing habits. The third party advertising networks then accordingly customize the advertising content served to users when visiting other websites.
At this time we do not respond to browser 'do not track' signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites, including when you visit our Web site. You can learn about how to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services by visiting www.aboutads.info.
The Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) is a self-regulatory organization that provides educational content and opt-out tools to help Internet users learn about and address online interest-based behavioral marketing practices. For more information please visit the DAA website athttp://www.aboutads.info.
- Legal Requests or Requirements and to Prevent Harm. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Digital Properties. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to prevent harm to ASCEND Pittsburgh, the Digital Properties, our members or other individuals. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts, or other government entities.
- Sharing by You. If you post comments, information or other materials on our message boards, blogs, social media pages or other services, please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to users of the Digital Properties and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information, or any other information, on the Digital Properties.
- Other Sharing of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information (such as associating your name with your employer if you are a participant in a corporate sponsored program), in which case we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information as long as it is combined.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your account and going to the member information area of our Digital Properties. If you have questions about personally identifiable information we have about you or need to update your information, you can email us at [email protected], or contact us by mail at the following address:
2141 Mary St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from ASCEND Pittsburgh by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the e-mails. To opt-out of other means of marketing communications, including telephone, text or other electronic communications from ASCEND Pittsburgh, contact a manager at the front desk. You can close your online retail shopping account by contacting us. If you close your account, we will no longer use your online account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of the information for archival purposes, and to avoid identity theft or fraud.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you administrative messages so that you continue to receive important information (for example, transactional messages relating to your membership, purchases and club information).
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect your information. Our employees have access to your personally identifiable information only on a need to know basis. Contracts with our third party service providers require them to keep information confidential. Sensitive data (such as a credit card number) is protected by SSL encryption when it is transmitted between your web browser and our Digital Properties. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Questions” section above.
Please note that emails you send to us through our Digital Properties are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.