Celebrate with us as we show off our new expanded facility, including a yoga room, fitness area, and climbing training zone! We had planned to do this in 2020, but... you know. It's an ALL DAY celebration, FREE FOR ALL to attend. Come explore a new + improved ASCEND Youngstown! PLEASE REGISTER FOR A CLIMBING OR YOGA SESSION BELOW. It's just to help us plan.
ITINERARY: Keep reading below for more details.
- 9a-2p: Guided Climbing Sessions + Youth/Family Activities
- 10a-11a: The FIRST in-studio yoga class!
- 2p-4p: Run Club at Mill Creek
- 4p-5p: Drop Sound Big Free Yoga
- 4p-8p: Community Climbing Activities + Vendors
- 8:15p-10:30p: Reel Rock 16 + Raffle
SALES + PROMOTIONS: This is spring celebration is a big deal to us, so we're going all out!
- 30% off all ASCEND Branded Merchandise - All day long, in-store only at ASCEND Youngstown!
- Prepaid Membership Sale - 50% off Prepaid Month memberships! Available in-store only at ASCEND Youngstown from May 21-May 31. Limit one per person.
- EFT Membership Sale - Start your EFT Membership anytime from May 21-May 31 and get the month of June for FREE! You will be billed on July 1 and cannot terminate until August 1. Available in-store only at ASCEND Youngstown.
- Punch Pass Sale - 5 visits (that never expire) for only $55! Available in-store only at ASCEND Youngstown from May 21-May 31. Limit one per person.
GUIDED CLIMBING SESSIONS + YOUTH/FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Select a session [9:00a-10:30a or 10:30a-12:00p or 12:00p-1:30p] and climb with our expert climbing coaches and A-Team youth climbers! If you don't need pointers, you may still register and climb on your own. Also, these are rough times, so don't worry if you show or stay late. In addition to climbing, there will be other fun activities for kids and families to take part in, such as:
- GIANT inflatable rock climbing wall with a slide!
- ECO (Environmental Collaborative of Ohio) will be providing youth activities and education!
- Slackline station!
- DIY Crafting Table [11a-2p] with Terry Wittenauer, a Poland school teacher with a love for art, crafting, and yoga!
YOGA: We have a BRAND NEW yoga room!
- 10a-11a: FIRST in studio class taught by Lauren - REGISTER HERE
- 4p-5p: Drop Sound Big Free Yoga with DJ BeDelicious and taught by Emily (outdoors, weather permitting) - REGISTER HERE
COMMUNITY CLIMBING ACTIVITIES + VENDORS: We've got food, beer, local makers, non-profits, and more!
- Youngstown Coffee Co
- Youngstown Coffee Co will be brewing up ASCEND Boulder Brew blend from 9a until there ain't no mo beans!
- Local Makers
- Berry’s Natural Farm Market [11a-4p] - visit their table!
- Corinne Katlyn Designs [4p-8p] - visit their table!
- Little KK Shop [2p-8p] - visit their table!
- White House Fruit Farm - donating 100 apples!
- Park's Garden Center - TBA
- Details to come, but expect pull-up and wall-sit contests, tug-o-war, mini-speed climbing challenges, and more!
- Revival Print Co.
- From 5p-8p, bring a blank shirt or top of any color and Revival Print Co. will live screen print our Spring Party logo (see below for image) on it for free! Don't have a blank shirt? We'll have blanks for only $5 per shirt!
- BBQ Renegade Food Truck
- From 1p-7p, BBQ Renegade Food Truck will be serving up pulled pork tacos, wings, mac 'n cheese, beans, and bbq egg rolls!
- Birdfish Brewing
- We'll be serving up delicious Birdfish Beer from 6p - 9:30p, give or take! Proceeds benefit the OCC (see below). You must be of age and not visibly intoxicated to be permitted to drink. Once you start drinking, you aren't allowed to climb!
- Ohio Climbers Coalition Raffle
- Our amazing partners and sponsors have donated some SAWEET swag for us to giveaway as part of this fundraiser. We'll be selling tickets for a chance to win some great prize packages with 100% of proceeds benefiting the OCC. Don't know who they are or what they do? GET INVOLVED.
LIVE MUSIC: What's a party without some tunes?!
- 3p-4p Silent Disco with DJ BeDelicious
- 4p-5p Drop Sound BIG FREE YOGA with BeDelicious
- 5p-6p Live DJ with BeDelicious
- 6p-8p Live music with Leo D’Angelo
REEL ROCK 16 FILM SCREENING: REEL ROCK 16 delivers jaw-dropping action, soulful journeys, and rollicking humor in a brand new collection of the year’s best climbing films. We'll be screening this great collection of films on our projector screen! Bring a camp chair to help with seating, please. FREE FOR ALL TO ATTEND!
- Bridge Boys: A horizontal big-wall adventure on the longest, most ridiculous crack climb ever attempted. Featuring: Pete Whittaker, Tom Randall (30 min.)
- Barefoot Charles: Meet the opera-singing, cave-dwelling Frenchman who climbs futuristic boulder problems sans chaussons. Featuring: Charles Albert (30 min.)
- Big Things To Come: An elite boulderer’s struggle with a project propels her on a decade-long journey of self-discovery. Featuring: Alex Johnson (20 min.)
- Cuddle: A massive link-up of 17 alpine summits pushes a famed climbing duo to the brink - and into each others' arms. Featuring: Alex Honnold, Tommy Caldwell, Adam Stack (35 min.)